Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Playsilks

Here's something super fun we've been doing. We've been dyeing our own play silks! I love it! It's so much fun and super easy. You never know how it's going to turn out, too. I ordered a bunch of 100% silk scarves and squares at dharmatrading.com. Luckily I didn't have to buy and dyes. My good friend, Cindy, had all sorts of colours and all the tools necessary for the dyeing process.
I wasn't sure if the kids would like them and if I was just wasting my money. Turns out they absolutely love their play silks. They use them is so many ways. The other day, Gabs was using one as a baby sling, one as a skirt, one as a cape, one as a blanket and one as a pretend river for her toy animals.
Here are some pics of the kids just playing with their silks,  on a not-so-hot day out in the back yard.


                                              Oh, and we have new grass and a new fence, too. 
                          Ben is holding up one of the rectangular silks he's been using as a cape lately.
                                                         Gabs showing her square silk.
                                                              My little gypsy child.
                                             Ben was sure the silk was helping him jump higher.

Here Gabby made a little hammock for her doll out of a playsilk. I love all the different ways of using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment