We made some really yummy and pretty healthy pancakes for breakfast this morning. Of course, a certain little someone had to DROWN his in maple syrup, but he did eat it all up. So here is a nice little pic and the recipe.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp oil
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup choc. chips
1. Stir flours, flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
2. Beat egg and add milk and oil.
3. Add egg mix to flour mix and stir just till moist. (10 stirs)
4. Mash peeled banana with fork.
5. Stir in banana and choc. chips to mix.
6. Fry on heated, oiled pan for 2-3 min.