Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Garden Time

After 2 weeks of coughing and sneezing, we were finally able to go outside for more than 20 minutes. The weather was absolutely perfect. Nice and sunny and not too hot. We were actually outside for 6 hours! I had some little plants to put in the garden beds and the kids wanted to get all their flower bulbs in their little garden. 
 Unfortunately, after 2 weeks of neglect I had quite a bit of weeding to do. At least my green onions and garlic survived the freaky frost we've been having. 
Here are my green onions. They appear to be doing just fine. I think I'll use them with dinner tonight. 
I yanked out all the weeds and started the salad garden. I really hope we don't get any more snow. 
 I'm not a fan of Dandy Lions but they ARE flowers (according to Gabs) and flowers can NOT be yanked out of the ground. There you have it, the Flower Princess has spoken. Maybe the squirrels will eat them and then I won't have to worry about it. : )
 And look at what my lucky little Ben found! He was so excited. 
 Here's the view of our tree from my lawn chair. 
 I while ago, I knit a lovely pair of socks for my little Gabby. Here they are. All stripes and rainbow colours. And....she doesn't want them. Too SOFT! This kid is driving me bananas. Well that's just fine...we'll save them for our baby cousin, Lily. This suits Gabby very well. She wants to wrap them up today, even though Lily's birthday is months away. Goodness, they don't look that bad. 
 I was only able to get these 2 pictures done. She was so bouncy to get them off. Silly girl. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment